0

mooo-vayyyys.

I NEED HELP! ANYONE KNOW HOW TO PUT "OLDER POSTS" AND "NEWER POSTS" AT THE BOTTOM OF TH BLOG? I CAN'T DO IT FOR NUTS!! HELP ME!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Actually this entry has been sitting in my draft for almost half a month. HAHA. Am kinda busy nd lazeee t not update nd post it.
But I'm sucha blogger now for god knows what reason, so here's a movie review entry again! Despite th fact that most of th shows r alr down. HAHAHA!


Date Night; 4/5
It was a relatively funny show. Well it was a comedy t start with. Anyway, I'm constantly reminded of how Steve Carell resembles Ben Stiller (somehow) & that Tina Fey reminds me of Laurel Holloman. Ohya, I mentioned that in th previous entry. No wonder it felt so familiar. HAHAHAH.
Anw, I think th funniest part of th movie was when Claire used her mother instincts on th bad guys nd ordered them t put their weapons down at th count of 3. Nd th part where they carried th boat trying t escape nd she screamed "I don't want th kids t live with your mother, she's awful!" That was shown in th trailer.

But something t ponder over especially if youre attached/married/on th verge of breaking up or divorce. Th reason this couple went on a date night, was bcuz they felt they had t rekindle th love flame between them nd not be like any other boring married couples w 2kids.
I especially like th part where Claire came out wearing th corset nd her husband was practically gawking at her & full of praises. That reminded him that his wife, could be a V beautiful behind those black framed specs.
For those of us who're in love, you'd be reminded - how not t see your partner as an everyday thing, not as a habit, not as a family member. Think of how you first fell in love with him/her nd remember that everyday in your life. Only that way, will your love life nd relationship with him/her never t be boring nd fall into a routine.




Clash of Titans; 4/5
I watched it in 3D which doesn't really make any great difference with 2D cuz th moment I finished it in 3D, I switched t th 2D theatre (showing th same thing) nd amazingly 2D was way better than 3D.
I haven't watched th first version of this show, but apparently th review for this was that it wasn't as good as th first. But then again, which remake'd be better than th first version? Which movie'd better than th novel/manga/anime if it was adapted from it?
Anyway, I did like this version of Clash of Titans (mainly bcuz of Sam Worthington!!!) nd I thought it was pretty interesting. Well at least it kept me interested! Not like AIW.
Maybe cuz I watched it quite some time back (th day it came up), I couldn't quite remember th details. Except for th warriors (nd Sam Worthington!!) going into Medusa's place trying t kill her nd how everyone turned into stone except Sam Worthington (!!!)
Everything I watch a Greek myth related show (think Percy Jackson) it'd spark off my interest in it nd I'd start googling it. Nd now I'm determined t name my daughter as Andromeda. This name appeared before in My Sister's Keeper (I think?) nicknamed as Amanda.
Go google th meaning of Andromeda. You'd like it, if you like Greek myth.


Fire of Conscience; 3.5/5
Typical Hong Kong movie. Where there's a rat in th police force. Tryna use his high authority t do some bad deed, in this movie, trade $$ nd cocaine. You could see how th whole movie was going t end up like. It was almost th same as I'd predicted cuz all Hong Kong movies involving trade gansters & police force ARE like that.
But there was a surprise in th movie! When Vivian Hsu came up, I thought, Ah, something unexpected. IDK if her name was on th poster, but I certainly didn't take th effort t even look at th poster.
In fact, I wasn't even interested in this show in th first place. But Baby wanted t watch it so I accompanied him t. Towards th end, I was kinda waiting for th movie t end. Cuz like I said, typical HK movie. Homicide -> new police from another department comes over nd claim t help-> actually trying t cover his own ass nd continue doing bad deeds -> tried t drag th innocent into whole issue -> deal was successful -> good cop tryna catch bad cop -> guns & fire, chasing th bad cop, more guns&fire -> bad cop got shot couldn't move -> CLASSIC: 2cops lying at different spots injured at wherever the fire & shooting took place, chatting-> police FINALLY arrive -> bad cop say imma go now shot himself in th head -> end of story.
Yeah, so that's about it, for this movie.



When In Rome; 4/5 stars
It was very nice, considering there's Josh Duhamel. HEEHEEHEE.
But it's a very traditional love story w love spells la. Like th female protagonist don't believe in love, thn magic happens t her nd a hot guy (JOSH DUHAMEL!!) fell in love w her nd gets married in Rome.
Okay, getting married in Rome. That's th AWWW ROMANTIC part! So th only nice things about this show's Rome & Josh Duhamel. :D

Professor Layton and th Eternal Dive; 3.5/5
I wanted t watch this show so much cuz it seems mysterious. Abit like Death Note! At least th starting 1 hour of it seems interesting. Thn it kinda starts t bore me t death. There were like, 6 of us in th theatre only.
So anyway, I didn't really like this movie aftr I watched it. LOL. Was kinda a waste of our time. Shouldn't have drag Baby t watch it. Nd now I couldn't even recall details of th show.
It went something like th father was grieving over his daughter's death, so much that he created his machine (w th help of a magician) that could copy his daughter's memories t another person. He did that in hope that he could still live with his daughter's memories. Nd began hurting other girls by cheating them nd forcing his daughter's memories into their brain.
Towards th end, it turned out t be that her daughter has lived in her BFF's body since she physically passed away. So she confessed t her father that it was actually her even though he's looking at her BFF's physical body. Which doesn't even make any sense t me, if you ask me!
So in th end th father came t terms w th fact that his daughter is now gone forever, returning th BFF her soul (WTF?!) back into her body. Th movie ended w th lil gurl abducted by th father returning back home safe nd sound, while th father went t jail (th only sane part that makes sense t me).
This movie's alot about music (more like humming cuz there's no lyrics!) nd before th father was being put away, he requested t do one last thing, nd that was t play th piano! I was like really LOL-ing away. It was funney!
Right, that's about all I could remember about this movie. So, mental note t self: never watch such animation in theatre anymore. Waste of time & money. :(



Green Zone; 4.5/5
I kept thinking it starred Sam Worthington before I went for th show. Nd still thought so when it started. Until Baby asked me, that's Matt Damon right? Thn I realised ohyea! this's isn't starring SW! -.-
So anyway, we caught this movie with another couple - Chinyee & Nelson. Supposingly Mary were t come together but she had t attend her grandmother's birthday. So it came down t be a double date. Which was interesting cuz we haven't done that since we stopped working at Safcol.

So anw, this's movie IS nice. I can't remember what exactly happened. But I can almost classify this as a must watch. Even though when I was watching, I couldn't understand it initially. Nd whn I couldn't understand a movie, I'd be irritated nd shut down. Blacklist th show. Luckily for Baby explaining t me along th way.
But ya, IT IS AN AWESOME SHOW!


Cop Out; 4/5
This was a light hearted comedy about cops. Some parts was really ridiculous but I like how th father (Bruce Willis) tried so hard t save himself & his daughter some face by insisting that he's gonna pay for her wedding.
So he resorted t selling away this said t be V highly sought aftr card of a baseball player. I can't remember if it was baseball. Maybe other sports. But aiya, th main thing is, this card's a precious t this daddy here nd he was willing t sell it just so that his precious daughter could have her dream wedding.
Nd things start t went wrong when 2gangsters came in t rob th shop he was selling th card t nd th robbers took his card away as well. So in th end he & his (cop) partner - Tracy Morgan -went on a chase nd tried t get back this V expensive card. Which in th end, was destroyed aftr his partner shot at th thug, nd th thug kept that card in his pocket. Of all places, just so nicely, Tracy Morgan shot it right at th face of th baseball player. So much for th trouble of chasing nd blabla, in th end they did solve a big case (that th thug was involved in) but lost th pricey card.
In th end th daughter's step father (who looked down on Bruce Willis) paid for th entire wedding. Nd th mother suggested both Bruce Willis & th stepfather t give th daughter away, aftrall he paid for th entire wedding. But whn it was time t give th daughter away, Tracy Morgan placed a gun at th stepfather's back nd forbad him t stand up, just so Bruce Willis could give his daughter away himself.
WHICH WAS SO SWEET!!
Actually any show w any scene of wedding makes me happy. Lol. Nd so, this show had a nice nd happy ending (like always).

How t train your dragon (3D); 3/5
Wasn't v interesting. But Toothless was MAJOR CUTENESS! He wa so adorable that I kept telling Baby I wnna rear a dragon!! LOL. Crazy. But he's mad cute!
Nd that's all I wnna say about this movie. LOL.

Kidnapper; 4/5
Local movie, must support! Especially aftr th Jack Neo saga, which probably meant that some people would avoid/boycott his movie. So this movie by another local director was in th limelight! But anyway, it was kinda a good movie itself. So it didn't need th free publicity from Jack Neo's saga.
A story about how th kidnapper kidnapped th wrong kid (LOL!) but continued t do so even though he knew th kid's father -Christopher Lee- had not much/no money cuz he was just a taxi driver. In th end Christopher Lee resorted t selling his kidney (OMG!) just so t save his son.
Th kid who should've been kidnapped was Christopher Lee's son's classmate. Nd th kidnapper mistook them for each other nd brought th wrong boy away. It turned out that th classmate was th stepson of th kidnapper's ex girlfriend -Phyllis Quek- nd he blackmailed her.
It was kinda gruesome how th kidnapper treated th lil boy; drawing blood everyday, beating him up, chaining him t a basin blablabla.. It was V terrible. Nd Christopher Lee's acting kinda improved, IMHO, cuz I could actually feel how he felt. Th pain in his eyes whn he saw those bottles of blood belonging t his son, th way he cried whn he heard his son's voice again..
So in th end th kidnapper nd Christopher Lee fought in a pool of dirty muddy water nd they tried t strangle each other t death, which ultimately obviously Christopher Lee would win, nd th kidnapper died.
I just didn't understand why could th kidnapper bear t do such cruel things (drawing blood everyday) t a kid. Nd even so whn he knew he'd kidnapped th wrong kiddo nd that his father couldn't affor th random at all!
But all in all, this high strung movie was great. Enjoyed it! Even though my heart was cringing almost all th time aftr th boy got kidnapped!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top