0

Langkawi!

FYI I took like freakking 25minutes just t upload th photos yesterday night nd 15minutes t put them in chronological order, so please appreciate horh. LOL.

A mandatory photo of Baby nd I. Hahaha.


ALL TH VIRGINS!! I meant virgin rides. Hee.

Th amount of lagguages we had. While waiting at th departure hall.. Where I skipped off nd returned w an awesome book that I've always wanted t buy. More about that later!


Thn Sam got so bored that he started playing w Guixiong. Oh anw, if you don't follow my twitter, Sam&Nanshun&Joel (i think? failing memory) got bottles of toothpastes, sunblock, body wash thrown away! Cuz th bottle's 100ml.
-.-

Okay, time t catch th plane! All aboard!! My Baby looking al excited. I was so nice nd gave him th window seat can!!
Th boys~
Nd th awesome book I bought earlier on. Intended t read it while on th plane lor. But for some reason th plane made me V V V sleepy. Nd I kinda just fell asleep. LOL.

ps/ th book was so awesome that no1. it made me cry! (other than my sister's keeper, this's th only one that made me cry!) no2. i got so depressed aftr finish reading (which usually happens for jodi picoult's novel as well) i went t grab Chocolate Run th very day I finished Best Friend's Girl!
Okay I'll write about that in another book review entry soon!

Yours truly.
See th difference between a good photographer (myself on th left) nd a lousy one (Baby responsible for th right)? He was using an anti shock auto focus camera somemore horh!

Aftr close t 1.5hours, we arrived!!! At th Langkawi Airport nd it took years t clear th custom. Or rather, get our passport stamped. They were mad sloooooooooooooooow! Especially th counter we're at. Walao, we concluded he's a newbie cuz he kept walking over t th next counter asked th guy stuff. Zzz

Once we cleared th custom, saw Starbucks nd went straight there. It's almost like a must drink whenever we're out. Cuz we bought it as well, on th 2nd day. Nd whn we're back in Singapore, Baby nd I bought Gloria Jeans. Sucker for coffee&chocolate!! (Me only though, he was merely being sweet nd sipped cuz he didn't fancy coffee)
Oh nd that's Sam, our co cordinator. LOL. He was practically th one fussing over everything for us! From hotel t plane ticket t activities. THANK YOU SAM! I think you'd read this right? Cuz you gnna grab piccys here anw. Ha.

Nd while they were fussing over IDK what, perhaps th activities for th next day? I was busy taking piccys nd standing under th air conditioner. Cuz th weather at Langkawi was MAD too!

Finally checked in!! Washed up abit, got changed & ready t conquer Seven Wells Waterfall!
Yay! Before we set off, all looking adequately fresh nd nice.

Photobomber!
Actually if we think about it Sam, this's almost th first individual shot we've ever took together! Aftr knowing each other for what, a year?
Nd Baby looking horrified at th number of kilometres nd steepness of th route we gnna CLIMB. It wasn't even walk. I mean yes, literally. But it was more like climbing!

Still walking............. nd finally reaching.
Whilst on th way, th boys tryna dance Sorry Sorry on th what seemed forever road.

H A L F D E A D.


Finally reached!! Nd th boys climbing over th rocks t go nd camwhore near th waterfall!

While Nanshun, Baby nd I stayed put. We were madly perspiring.
Anw I was wearing a skirt (cuz i didnt know we'd need t climb around!) so I didn't really went t th side where th boys were.

In th end Baby & I couldn't take th heat & stickiness, we fled first nd returned t th hotel t wash up nd prepare for dinner.
Nd did I mention, it was written online that this waterfall was a 2minute walk away from our hotel. BUT IT TURNED OUT TO BE A 20 MINUTES WALK BACK!! It was madness, but nice aftrall. Cuz it's been a long time since I walked for so long. Especially not with Baby:)

Nd while walking back, we got t talk & chat with each other about stuff.. Not th usual kinda thing we both would do on our own accord nd definitely not smthg we could/would do in Singapore. So it was fun!
Th crazy long road! But bcuz Baby held my hand nd never let it go for even one second (despite th stickiness HAHAHAHA), it was a all worthwhile walk. With you♥

Went t Mutiara for dinner. Food was good. Love th tomyum soup! But KK was bad. Not even spicy. Nd that was Baby's chicken chop. LOL. He was so irritated nd baffled cuz whr got chicken chop is fried one! Thn they just poured th gravy over it. LOL!!

More photos from th kinda lousy photographer, my boyfriend. HAHA.

It was nice la, but everything was ruined by CATS!! So much so that a black KITTEN (mind you kitten horh!) chased me! OMGWTFBBQ!! Thn I cried like crazy (obviously!) nd Baby almost went berserk at me crying nd unable t stop it. Actually if you recall now it's funny la. But there nd then, it was pure MADNESS. I thought I was going t hafta jump into th sea t stop it from chasing me! I thought I was going t die cuz it was uber dark thn, nd I couldnt see if I were t jump into th sea! Zzz
So aftr th lil drama & th driver picking us up LATE, we went back t th hotel (Geopark, FYI) nd washed up before cramming into Joel's room t play cards. Had few rounds of Monopoly Deal thn we play our own version of 7UP! Haha, it was fun! Even though th 你我他 nd th pointing fingers were irritating cuz I kept doing it. We went back t our respective rooms at 2 I think? Nd we managed t get up on time at 8 th next morning. There can be miracles! Heh!
So th next morning we went t th cafe for complimentary breakfast, uncertain of what t expect. Nd true enough, it was weird! Th kwaytiao was SOUR! Like, left overnight or smthg. Thn Sam shared w us th story about his M'sia tenant boasting about th kwaytiao in his hometown was th best. But it turned out t be even lousier than any other kwaytiao stall in Singapore. LOL. So much for th boasting.

Another few mandatory shots. Heeheehee.


Sam w th deers. LOL. Were those deers? Actually I wasn't v sure. Haha. But whatever. With those cute lil animals! Nd a pretty nice shot, taken by Sam I suppose? Haha.

Aftr being behind schedule cuz Joel's room's door got stucked! Nd th hotel peepos actually climbed into their room from outside. Like spiderman, I suppose? I was in th van waiting, th whole time. Cuz weather was crazy!)
Anw so we arrived aftr 40minutes at i forgot where, we hoped onto a lil boat off we venture into th vast sea! :D
Actually now, I can only vaguely remember what happened. Cuz we we on th boat like 80% of th time that day. Been t seeing many island, went snorkeling, went into a bat cave blablabla. It was fun:)



Into th lake, thn th sea:D

Our new captain on th way!


Thn we started singing Spongebob Squarepant. LOL

Th boys, nd th mangrove.

Monkeys!

At one time they were so near t us I got damn scared nd panic. They were aftr th food in our hands. Nd th captain practically stopped next t them. It scared th shit outta me whn one of them jumped onto th top of out boat. Zzz

Some cave somewhere, w fruit bats inside. But this wasnt th bat cave we went t. We just passed by here nd walked into a real bat cave sometime later.
Can you see what I see from th first piccy? It took me some time t figure out what it was. It was only until Baby took a piccy of it, thn I realised what it was!
Nd thn snorkeling!! Th water seemed reasonable clear doesn't it? But it wasn't. There were plastics nd rubbish! Whn I was swimming/snorkeling, I practically had t push aside plastics cuz they were in my way. LOL. See th harm human r doing t this Earth!? Throwing things they don't want anymore into t sea just like that!

So anw, there were sea urchins below us. So I was mad careful. Cuz grandpa got stung by a pufferfish was he was a boatman. I know sea urchin nd puffer fish different la. But both has got stings nd poison, nd both has th potential t injure you. Better be safe than sorry!


Then we went t another beach t snorkel for a lil bit more before heading t a kelong for lunch.

I tell you, th seawater was mad salty! (Another result of inconsiderate human? Or plainly by nature? Correct me if I'm wrong.)

It was ten times saltier (it thr's such a word) than th soy sauce we have at home. Nd 100x saltier than Ajinomoto! Madness. I couldn't take it after one gulp. Zzz

Apparently our cameras werent good enough t capture th White Belly Eagle cuz he was so far away from us. But it was kinda magnificent when th captain threw chicken skins onto th water nd we see them flying down picking up their food. There were 14 of them flying in th air, with wide open wings, white wide open wings. V magnificent!
Thn our lunch at th kelong. So typically we arrive at th kelong (3rd kelong I've visited since th past year) nd loiter around th fish nets feeding them while waiting for our lunch t be ready. Nd boy, this's th fastest I've ever been t. They were practically alr placing our lunch on th table even before we alighted th boat.
So anw, that marks our last station on th boat journey nd we headed back t shore t get ready for another boat ride at another place. Well, at least that was th plan. But in th end we got delayed for almost 2hours, I guess? Cos th cabby driver took us t th wrong jetty nd we ended torn between th choice of Island Hopping & shopping at Fair Shopping Centre.


Should've stood firm man, nd chose t stay in th shopping mall. At least I could get t do some decent shopping. Nd apparently some of th boys were supportive of my decision lor. Oh well.


So we headed t Awana for Island Hopping. But we were sent t th wrong place again. We went too far in, nd had t wait for a driver t come fetch us out. Nd most of us were pissed cuz we did all th going t wrong places & waiting for driver feeling V V V hot nd sweating like crazy.



On another boat once again. Which Yongde d you like? With th geeky white specs or looking all innocent nd acting cute? HAHAHA!

My Baby♥

Nd we ended th day kinda buay gam wan-ly cuz we arrived at some shopping centre at 7ish in hope t do some decent shopping nd have a proper decent meal. But guess what! Almost all shops inlcuding F&B were either closed or closing when we arrived. Which means, no shopping & no decent dinner.
Nd we resorted t having dinner at Macs. Which is so normal cuz we can get t eat that in Singapore! Practically at every corner you turn here, you'd see a Mac. So we were V V V buay gam wan but had t trudge into Macs cuz there's no other eatery/restaurant in sight.
Nd guess what! Few moments aftr we finished nd went on t hail a cab, WE SAW A BLEEDING RESTAURANT WHICH WAS STILL OPERATING!! Walao, so much for being so buay gam wan earlier on. Only t find a decent looking bar/restaurant outside. Major turn off.


So anyway we spent another 40 minutes t get back t th hotel aftr feeling so sore looking at th restaurant nd reminded of our pitiful Mac dinner earlier. It was th best ride ever in Langkawi t me!! Th driver was like th 秋名山車神, (th pro driver of Mt Akina of Initial D) bending smoothly at every corner. Nd there were like at least 20 bends
on th way back t th hotel.
It was madness, but it was thrilling nd fun as well. Cuz there were no street lights nd th only vision we had was from th low beam of th cabbie. Mad thrilling!

Back t hotel wash up nd crapped a bit at Joel's & Sam's room nd Baby & I head back t snooze. Played water sport th whole day, was mad tired. Miraculously we (well, most of us,) woke up on time for brekky. Checked out, waited for 15minutes (which usually took 5) for th cab t arrive nd took us t th airport.
Registered at th counter nd went t Kenny Roger's for brunch before leaving. In th end we were th last few jokers t board th plane nd th damn officer even said t us "Run!" & "Th plane doesn't wait for people" in a V sarcastic tone. Would've retorted if we werent in a rush!


Brunch at KennyRogers at th airport.
My looking delicious Cheese&Marcaroni. But not as tasty as th mac&cheese you get from 7-11. Ironically.

Th boys camwhoring. Lots more other photos w th rest. Gnna grab them nd maybe update a 2nd entry about it. Lol.
So anyway we literally ran twards th plane nd finally settled down. Vroom nd off we fly~~~ back t Singapore!

Some collage I made for th trip.
Overall it was an enjoyable one. Minus away th slowness cuz we were a rather big group.
I had fun! But prolly wouldn't go back t Langkawi.
Imma go Phuket (w Baby in th coming June hopefully), Redang, Bintan, BKK!

Since young, I've always wondered how it'd feel like t lie on clouds. Until my daddy poked my bubble nd said it's almost not possible t do so. Cuz clouds r water vapour -.-
So there, I could only live on looking at clouds from such near distance. But neve able t really touch them:(

Oooooooogay. That marks th end of th first entry of Langkawi. Perhaps more t come! Got so much inspiration t blog these days. Might be back tmrw! Stay tuned folks! :D

ps/ left being taken w iphone & right taken w LG viewty. Which's better?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top